PENNY invites our comrades to a Happy Hour zoom/unconference gathering on Thursday, March 26, at 5:00 PM to debrief, decompress and move forward in community. What’s on the menu? It’s up to you, but here are some conversation starters:
- What is Culturally Responsive Progressive Education in the Matrix?
- Our lives, our City, the world has been turned upside down
- How do the thoughts of Dewey, Sprague Mitchell, Irwin, Pratt, Freire, Ladson-Billings, hooks, Weber, Carini, Meier, Hammond translating into the virtual world during the COVID-19 Quarantine?
- What is important for our school communities now?
- How are we connecting with children and families?
- What are the challenges of hands-on, socially-connected, project-based learning and community building through online platforms?
- What does this teach us about what we need to survive?
- What does it teach us about what it means to sustain humanity?
- What are our challenges in designing our school communities in ways that maintain our values and vision?
Or put more simply:
How are you feeling?
What plans are you putting in place to support students?
What support do you need?
This is hitting us across every educational sector: public, charter, independent, 0-4, higher ed.
Please join us to connect in a social way, in order to gather into salon groups to discuss issues that are pressing for you with colleagues who can be thought partners.
We’ll convene as a whole group on Thursday March 26, from 5:00-5:10 in the “Main Salon” for a quick hello and a chance to see the community as a whole.
Click here to enter the zoom “Main Salon.”
At 5:10, you’re invited to join one of the smaller conversations listed below. Some guiding principles:
- Whoever shows up are the right people
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- It is over when it’s over
- If you’re not learning, it’s fine to leave the conversation and join another one
- Have someone take notes in the linked session doc so that your learning/insights are available to others after the Happy Hour
In advance of the gathering, please add a conversation topic to the doc below or add your name to an already proposed conversation as a participant.
Click this link to add a conversation topic to the conference.